To purchase Swarovski Club figurines, collectors must be a member of the Swarovski SCS, that is, the Swarovski Crystal Society. The SCS has been around since 1987, and presently boasts over 350,000 members worldwide.
Since the inception of the club, Swarovski SCS figurines have been launched in trilogies. The Swarovski Club trilogies are as follows:
- Caring and Sharing: 1987 to 1989
- Mother and Child: 1990 to 1992
- Inspiration Africa: 1993 to 1995
- Fabulous Creatures: 1996 to 1998
- Masquerade: 1999 to 2001
- Magic of Dance: 2002 to 2004
- Wonders of the Sea: 2005 to 2007
- (This trilogy was available in color or clear and the first issue in this set was available for 3 years, and the second issue was available for 2 years, with the final issue available for only 1 year, so it is a bit different trilogy)
- Endangered Wildlife: 2008 to 2010
I have mixed, feeling about the changes. It may be a sad ending for the dedicated, longtime SCS members…with the anticipation of what year 2 and 3 will bring in the trilogy now gone. But then again, with news spreading at the speed of light on the internet, future Swarovski news doesn’t remain secret for long!