Swarovski is known for its high quality crystal figurines. With over 2500 Swarovski creations produced since 1975, Swarovski collectors know that this crystal is strongly regarded. Swarovski has a substantial product range including crystal sculptures and figurines, jewelry, and several other lines, including binoculars and rifle scopes.
Swarovski crystal figurines are generally marked with a Swarovski logo. The original Swarovski logo used from 1976 to 1988 was the Block SC logo. In 1988, it was replaced with the Swan logo, still in use today. Swarovski’s non-silver-crystal product lines have their own line-dependant marks.
Swarovski Crystal Product Lines
- Swarovski Silver Crystal – ‘Silver Crystal’ dates back to 1976 and remains popular in 2012. The Silver Crystal product line mainly features clear crystal figurines. Swarovski stopped using the name “silver crystal” in for any of its product lines around 2013.
- Swarovski Crystal Moments – ‘Crystal Moments’ launched near 1993 under the name Crystal Memories. In 2001, the name changed to Crystal Moments. Crystal Moments was initially miniatures and and less expensive figurines, which now features about 350 crystal figurines.
- Swarovski Chinese Zodiacs – this Swarovski crystal product line is dedicated to Chinese Zodiac astrology.
- Swarovski Crystal Myriad -11 and growing….. exclusive Swarovski sculptures, ranging in price from $8000 – $16000 are in the Crystal Myriad line, which use a special pointiage technique to apply the Swarovski stones.
- Swarovski Disney Collection – A collaboration with Disney and Swarovski that began in 2005, presently boasting over 70 crystal figurines in 2015.
- Swarovski Hello Kitty Collection – A collaboration with Sanrio and Swarovski that began in 2011. In 2015, there are nearly 20 crystal figurines and plethera of jewelry and accessories with the iconic kitty face.
Swarovski Home Accessories – A fashionable product line generally including crystal products to be used in the home or office. It has about 150 pieces in the line.
- Swarovski Lovlots – A cute product line of multicolored playful figurines that initially launched in 2006. As of 2015, there are over 200 crystal figurines are in this line.
- Swarovski Paradise – A vibrant Swarovski crystal product line, consisting of insects, flowers, and sea life that launched in 2000.
- Swarovski Soulmates – launched in 2007 and features larger-sized statue-type crystal figurines. As of 2015, there are less than 25 sculptures in the Soulmates line.
- Swarovski Trimlite – an older product line, that began and ended in the 1980’s. There were approximately 300 Swarovski crystal Trimlite figurines featuring clear crystal and gold accents.
- Swarovski Savvy – a vintage line of jewelry from the 1990’s .
Daniel Swarovski (1862 to 1956) was born in the Czech Republic. His father was a glass cutter who owned a small glass factory. It was here that Daniel served his glass-cutting apprenticeship. In 1892, Daniel Swarovski was responsible for the patent an electric cutting machine that facilitated the production of crystal glass. In 1895, Swarovski financier Armand Kosman and Franz Weis founded the Swarovski company. The company established a crystal cutting factory in Wattens, Tyrol (Austria) where it remains today.