Some of the older crystal figurines by Swarovski were produced in the Trimlite product line. The Swarovski Trimlite product line existed in the 1980’s. These figurines were usually on the smaller side (under 4″) and included significant gold metal accents. IF there was any type of Swarovski logo on them, it was the Trimlite “T”, and it was stamped into the metal.
One of the Swarovski Trimlite groups was the “Crystal Champions”. There were six athlete (some leisure athletes!) crystal figurines in the Crystal Champions.
- Trimlite Baseball Player – 52729. The Baseball Player was produced from 1984 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
- Trimlite Fisherman – 52730. The Fisherman was produced from 1985 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
- Trimlite Golfer – 52727. The Golfer was produced from 1984 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
- Trimlite Basketball Player – 52725. The Basketball Player was produced from 1984 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
- Trimlite Skier – 52726. The Skier was produced from 1985 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
- Trimlite Hockey Player – 52728. The Hockey Player was produced from 1984 to 1988 and originally retailed for $50.
As I mentioned in a previous Trimlite article, the production quality of crystal figurines has vastly changed in the past 3 decades. It is not unusual to see rough edges or other imperfections on the older crystal because that was likely acceptable standards at the time. Many serious crystal collectors will not accept damaged crystal figurines, but should be mindful that one considered ‘mint’ at that time will not likely as pure as figures that are produced and sold present day. And, due to the age of the Trimlite figurines, the gold metal finish has possibly dulled, tarnished, or even chipped off. Collectors should keep these things in mind when setting their own personal standards of acceptability into their own crystal collection; do not require quality standards higher than what Swarovski themselves expected in the 1980’s.
Crystal Exchange America presently has 3 of the 6 Trimlite Crystal Champions figurines offered on their site at www.CrystalExchange.com, ranging in price $215 – $325. They can be found in “Vintage Swarovski” category, “Trimlite and Zales” sub-category of the store.
Swarovski crystal figurines are available at Crystal Exchange America, a professional brokerage service of 15 years, dedicated to helping Swarovski collectors buy and sell retired Swarovski crystal figurines, ornaments, and collectibles.
Crystal Exchange America is reputable, knowledgeable, and has a world-wide customer base with thousands of satisfied customers. Swarovski crystal fanatics can go to www.CrystalExchange.com to obtain more information about safely listing, buying, and selling retired Swarovski, limited edition Swarovski, Swarovski Silver Crystal, and Swarovski crystal figurines.
Kristall Buzz Swarovski News and Articles, by Crystal Exchange America, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.