The Swarovski Whales is the third crystal figurine of the second Swarovski trilogy is the âMother and Childâ.Â All SCS crystal figurines in this series were designed by Michael Stamey, and to date, is the only trilogy by a single designer.
In 1992, the Swarovski Whales could be purchased by SCS crystal collectors who possessed membership in the Swarovski Club (SCS).Â The Swarovski Whales measures about just over Â 4â in height.Â This crystal figurine features Â a clear mother whale and a clear baby whale, with a gentle wave under them.
The SCS Whales contain what the crystal brand calls the ‘backstamp / bottomstampâ, which is included for the sake of authenticity.Â It is simple to see the designer’s initials “MSt” and the year “92” on the bottom side of the wave.Â âMStâ is used for Michael Stameyâs initials since MS is used for Max Schrek (Lovebirds)
The âCare For Meâ Whales can be identified using the Swarovski part number DO1X921 or system number 164 614.
In addition to the 1992 SCS Whales, Swarovski has released a number of crystal whale figurines:
- Swarovski Whale – 7628 080 000 / 014 483. This Swarovski Whale was available 1987 through 1991. It can be found with either the Block SC Logo or the Swan logo.
- Swarovski Walter the Whale – 9460 200 023 / 680 508. This small blue whale was in the Swarovski Crystal Moments line, and was available in 2005 and 2006 only.
- Swarovski Paikea Humpback Whale – 9100 000 337 / 1 095 228. This is the 2012 SCS Annual Edition designed by Stefanie Nederegger
- Swarovski Young Whale, SCS – 9100 000 338 / 1 096 741. This is the companion whale to the 2012 Swarovski Annual Edition Whale designed by Stefanie Nederegger.
A quick comparison of the 1992 Swarovski Whales to the 2012 Swarovski Whale reveals these primary differences:
- âCare For Meâ Whales is a SINGLE figurine.Â Paikea Whale and Young Whale are 2 separate figurines purchased individually.
- âCare For Meâ Whales are completely clear figurines.Â Paikea Whale and Young Whale are Shadow crystal with Crystal Moonlight accents.
The SCS Swarovski Whales retailed for $265 USD in 1992. The purchase price included the SCS crystal figurine, a white cylinder with fitted- foam specific to the Whales, and a Swarovski Certificate of Authenticity (Swarovski COA). Presently, the Swarovski Whales, in mint condition, complete with original packaging can generally be purchased on the secondary market for $305 – $345 from professional Swarovski expert dealers, like Crystal Exchange America.